Linux is most secured and stable operating system for server, cloud solutions and desktop computers. Linux is opensource kernel and with Linux we can do anything with our computer. We can create our own OS or choose any linux distribution like Ubuntu, Linux Mint, CentOS, Fedora, etc.
15 things what I Love about Linux:
Here is a list what I love about Linux-
- Its Opensource and Free OS, We don’t have to pay anything for OS, APPS or Updates.
- Linux is most secure OS, We don’t need to install Antivirus.
- Linux is most stable OS, we don’t need to reinstall OS like Windows.
- We can Update OS and all apps at single place. We can use Software updater or Command through Terminal.
- We extract something with one command without opening a separate program.
- We can print a document without opening it.
- Support old and new any types of hardware, and we don’t need to install any driver like windows.
- It can be install in old age computer too, and we can run latest linux on old windows computer too.
- Powerful CLI, through Linux terminal we can do any task. Linux can be configured to run without a GUI for max performance. This is especially useful for servers. Other operating systems don’t have this luxury.
- Linux will actually give you a reason why something had an error. We can check log file with detailed errors of OS or software.
- Unlike windows 10 automatic updates, no one force me to automatic OS update. We can update our system when we want.
- You can choose which type of desktop environment you want. And there are many of options.
- You don’t have to worry about spyware, viruses, or worms. Even if they were prevalent they couldn’t be installed unless you did it yourself.
- Linux passwords cannot be cracked in seconds like Windows (Through hiren boot cd).
- Linux tutorials are easy to find and communities/forums is very helpful and we don’t need to pay for support.
10 things what I Hate about Linux:
Here is a list what I Hate about Linux-
- A steep learning curve for those coming from Windows. If you are Linux newbie so it is very hard to learn linux.
- Less driver support from hardware manufacturers, If your hardware works means it will work, otherwise it will not till next kernel release.
- Lacking popular application support. Very less application migrated to linux, Software developer always love to create Applications and softwares for Windows and Mac.
- Linux non-stable OS like Ubuntu, Linux mint and fedora always provide buggy experience and we have to face new problem with some of linux distro.
- Linux is Power hungry, If you are using a laptop with linux. You will get low battery backup with your system.
- You need to learn terminal commands, otherwise you can’t enjoy power of linux.
- Too many Distro options, it’s so hard to choose among all the distributions (distros) to use. It’s almost impossible to settle on just one for daily use.
- Too many desktop environments, It’s also very hard to choose between the best DE for your desktop. GNOME, KDE, UNITY (Discontinued) or MATE all are very good.
- We can’t utilize your computer full power with linux, It is good for day to day uses but not good if you are a video editor, Gamer, or Power user.
- Linux need internet for any update or app installation, we don’t have option to update system offline.
Conclusion- Linux is very powerful OS, If you are a techie you must use linux in day to day uses. For normal user need to learn linux and linux is too easy to understand. You can also join linux forum to learn linux and its distro.